Do you want a career with a specialist company that is helping communities prepare for and become more resilient to climate change?
- Want a mixture of site and office-based work throughout the UK.
- Enjoy the challenge of creating bespoke solutions to mitigate the risk of property flooding.
- Would like to work on projects in the built environment with a diverse range of clients.
- Like to work independently but with the support of a close-knit friendly team.
- Are seeking support, training and experience towards a professional qualification.
Then why not apply for an Assistant PFR Surveyor role with RAB?
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the delivery of Property Flood Resilience (PFR) projects across the United Kingdom.
- Surveying buildings at risk from flooding to identify routes of water ingress, recommend PFR measures and complete post installation surveys to confirm correct installation of PFR measures.
- Assess flood risk from any source using existing data and conduct appropriate surveys and tests (e.g., photographic surveys, topographic surveys).
- Identify risks arising from installing PFR measures, including build-up of toxic gas from heating appliances and from Radon and landfill sources.
- Write reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English.
- Support the production of health & safety and contract documents (specifications, bill of quantities, CDM risk assessments, Pre-Construction Information etc.)
- Deliver projects to specified quality, time, and expenditure, feeding back challenges or opportunities to maximise business.
- Supporting other areas of the business, providing business as usual and post flooding asset inspections for the Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authorities.
What you will need:
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Science, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering or similar.
- The ability and willingness to travel and work anywhere the UK.
- Have good personal drive to succeed with a willingness to learn.
- Be numerate and logical with good attention to detail. Enjoy analysing and problem solving by applying sound engineering/scientific judgement.
- Have strong organisational skills and confident to plan work.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be empathetic towards those who have been impacted by flooding
- Have a desire to help individuals and communities affected by flooding.
- Be competent in the use of relevant IT software.
What we offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries.
- Hybrid home/office working facilities and flexible hours.
- Relevant training.
- Support to achieve relevant formal qualifications and professional status (E.g., CIWEM, ICE, RICS)
- Recognition of achievements and career progression opportunities.
- A friendly team, open to new ideas and innovation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our growing company, then send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com