MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT – RAB Consultants Ltd
Our business, RAB Consultants Ltd is committed to combatting slavery and human trafficking in its business and supply chains, and we make this statement to assist with compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This statement relates to the financial year ending 30/04/2022.
As our business has a turnover of less than £36 million, we do not have a legal obligation to produce a modern slavery statement. However:
- We agree that exploitation within all supply chains ending in the UK is a blight on our society, and we are committed to playing our part in eliminating exploitation;
- We understand that customers with obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 cannot comply with those duties without our cooperation.
To that end, we confirm that we have examined our own business and, to the extent that it is reasonably practicable businesses within our supply chain, and we confirm the following:
- We confirm that within our own business, no relevant offence relating to slavery or human tracking has been committed.
- We encourage all employees to report on any matters relating to slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains of which they become aware.
- We have made enquiries of businesses that supply directly to us and we are confident that no relevant offence is committed in that business.
- Insofar as it was reasonably practicable, we have examined our supply chains and confirm that we found no evidence of slavery or human trafficking.
Further details about our business and supply chain are provided below.
RAB Consultants is a small consultancy dedicated to increasing resilience and reducing flood risk.
The company is a Private Limited Company and we employ approximately 30 staff currently based at four offices, Lichfield, Durham, Bedford and Stirling. The business is managed in two sectors, Flood Risk Management and Resilience. Each sector is managed by a Director with three teams, or sub-sectors. Our Quality Manual summarises our company structure and explains the context of the business further.
We operate primarily in the UK but do provide consultancy services in other countries from time to time, including to date:
- New Zealand
We understand that certain industry sectors and geographical regions entail greater risk of exploitation than others. We do not believe that our supply chain is in one of those sectors.
As part of our Quality Management System we ensure that our associates and suppliers have sufficient capabilities to provide appropriate levels of service in line with our own standards and confirm whether they comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and, where it is reasonably practicable, we ensure that businesses in our supply chain have made a similar statement relating to slavery and human trafficking.
A list of approved suppliers and associates is maintained on our SharePoint site and is reviewed annually in accordance with our Quality Management System.
The person in our business responsible for assessing matters relating to slavery and human trafficking is: