- Enjoy analysing engineering / scientific problems and using your judgement to find innovative solutions.
- Are looking for an opportunity to work on major environmental and societal issues.
- Would like to work on civil engineering projects in the flood risk management sector.
- Enjoy the challenge of writing carefully crafted technical reports.
- Would like to work on a wide range of projects with a diverse range of clients.
- Would like to work out in the natural environment, on construction sites and in an office setting.
- Like to work in a close-knit friendly team.
Then why not start you Civil Engineering career with RAB Consultants.
What you will be doing:
- Investigate flood mechanisms and quantify flood risk using hydrological and hydraulic theories, calculations and computer models.
- Assess options and design flood alleviation and sustainable drainage solutions.
- Visit sites across the UK to assess flood risk, the condition of flood management assets, conduct appropriate surveys and tests.
- Write reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English.
- Complete detailed designs of flood alleviation solutions and then follow them through the construction process.
- Produce guidance and procedures to support flood risk management projects.
- Support clients, from initial enquiry through to project delivery and post-project support.
What you will need:
- A Civil Engineering Degree 2:2 or higher, with a relevant Masters Degree being beneficial.
- Relevant A levels (engineering, science, environmental, maths, geography).
- Good personal drive to succeed with a willingness to learn.
- Engineering instincts, numerate and logical with good attention to detail.
- Enjoy analysing and solving engineering/scientific problems.
- Have strong organisational skills and confident to plan work.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent in the use of relevant IT and software, able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work collaboratively and contribute to successful teams.
- Preferably based at our Bedford Office but other locations considered.
- Preferably have a full driving licence and access to a car.
What we offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries.
- Hybrid home/office working facilities and flexible hours.
- Relevant training.
- Support to achieve Chartership with the Institute of Civil Engineers.
- Recognition of achievements and career progression opportunities.
- A friendly team, open to new ideas and innovation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our growing company then send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our head office for more information on: 0330 223 6475