The effects of climate change are becoming increasingly apparent, with impact tragedies reported in national and international media on an almost daily basis.
Here at RAB Consultants we also see the impact of climate change every day across all aspects of our work. Our focus is on increasingly resilience and reducing flood risk, and that means our work is all about helping our communities to adapt and mitigate the disruptive effects of climate change. This ranges from helping individual home and landowners, to large national organisations such as the Environment Agency.
It is therefore paramount that we are not adding to the climate change problem. And for that reason and have committed our business to the West Midlands Net Zero Business Pledge. This initiative, set up by the West Midlands Combined Authority, is aiming to lead the green revolution and become a net zero carbon economy by 2041.
We are fully committed to the pledge and have reviewed all our business processes and practices. As a result, we have now implemented a range of supportive measures including:
- Introduction of an Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 to monitor and reduce our environmental impacts.
- Adopted a good environmental practice approach in everything we do, from using sustainable transport to minimising our waste.
- Promoting (and expecting) good environmental practice from our staff, suppliers, and partners.
- Become an ambassador for the pledge initiative.
- Share our commitment to the pledge and the initiatives we have put in place.
Full details on the West Midlands Net Zero Business Pledge can be found online at: https://www.wmca.org.uk/what-we-do/environment-and-energy/west-midlands-net-zero-business-pledge/