RAB Consultants is dedicated to increasing resilience and reducing flood risk. Our clients range from national government to local homeowners.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Advisor to deliver our Property Flood Resilience and other Flood Risk Management projects in the Southeast and nationally.
The role is based at our Bedford office, but we encourage flexible hybrid working.
Key requirements for the role include:
- 3+ years’ experience managing relevant construction and/or flood risk management projects and be a graduate in Building Surveying/Civil Engineering/ Environmental Science or similar.
- Experience in Property Flood Resilience would be an advantage, but full training will be provided
- Able to travel and work anywhere in the UK.
- Trustworthy, reliable and resilient self-starter, able to lead, motivate, guide and develop individuals.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to plan project tasks and own work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good commercial acumen, contractual awareness, negotiating skills and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate a flexible and logical approach with a committed attitude.
- Strive for excellence and engenders a culture of continual improvement.
Key tasks include:
- Survey buildings at risk from flooding to identify routes of water ingress, recommend PFR measures and complete post installation surveys.
- Assess flood risk from any source using existing data and conduct appropriate surveys and tests.
- Identify risks arising from installing PFR measures.
- Write reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English.
- Support the production of health & safety and contract documents.
- Deliver projects to specified quality, time and expenditure, feeding back challenges or opportunities to maximise business.
We offer our employees:
- competitive salary, up to £44,000
- hybrid working arrangements and flexible hours
- relevant training
- support to achieve chartered status
- recognition of achievements and career progression opportunities
- We invite and welcome ideas and innovation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our growing company then send a CV to: