RAB Consultants is dedicated to increasing resilience and reducing flood risk. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Property Flood Resilience Consultant based at either our Lichfield or Bedford office as soon as possible.
The applicant should:
- Be able to regularly travel and work anywhere the UK.
- Have good personal drive to succeed with a willingness to learn.
- Be numerate and logical with good attention to detail. Enjoy analysing and problem solving by applying sound engineering/scientific judgement.
- Have strong organisational skills and confident to plan work.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be competent in the use of relevant IT software.
Key tasks in this role include:
- Survey buildings at risk from flooding to identify routes of water ingress, recommend PFR measures and complete post installation surveys to confirm correct installation of PFR measures.
- Assess flood risk from any source using existing data and conduct appropriate surveys and tests (e.g. photographic surveys, topographic surveys, infiltration tests etc.).
- Identify risks arising from installing PFR measures, including build-up of toxic gas from heating appliances and from Radon and landfill sources.
- Write reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English.
- Support the production of health & safety and contract documents (specifications, bill of quantities, CDM risk assessments, Pre-Construction Information etc.)
- Deliver projects to specified quality, time and expenditure, feeding back challenges or opportunities to maximise business.
We offer our employees competitive salaries, all relevant training, strong support to achieve chartered status, recognition of achievements and good career progression opportunities . We invite and welcome ideas and innovation from all.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our growing company please fill out the form.