If you enjoy analysing engineering or scientific problems and using your judgement to find innovative solutions…
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on major environmental and societal issues…
If you would like to produce computer models of natural processes…
If you enjoy the challenge of writing carefully crafted technical reports…
If you would like to work on a wide range of projects with a diverse range of clients…
If you like to work in a close-knit friendly team…
…then come and work with us at RAB Consultants.
What you will be doing:
- Investigate flood mechanisms and quantify flood risk using hydrological and hydraulic theories, calculations and computer models.
- Assess options and design flood alleviation and sustainable drainage solutions.
- Visit and inspect sites proposed for development and/or at risk from flooding and conduct appropriate surveys and tests.
- Write reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English.
- Produce guidance and procedures to support flood risk management projects.
- Support clients, from initial enquiry through to project delivery and post-project support.
What you will need:
- Relevant A levels and / or degree qualification (engineering, science, environmental, maths, geography).
- Good personal drive to succeed with a willingness to learn.
- Engineering instincts, numerate and logical with good attention to detail.
- Enjoy analysing and solving engineering/scientific problems.
- Have strong organisational skills and confident to plan work.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent in the use of relevant IT and software, able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work collaboratively and contribute to successful teams.
What we offer our employees:
- Competitive salaries.
- Hybrid home/office working facilities and flexible hours.
- Relevant training.
- Support to achieve relevant formal qualifications and professional chartered status.
- Recognition of achievements and career progression opportunities.
- A friendly team, open to new ideas and innovation.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join our growing company then send a CV to: