It has been a very promising first half of the year for all areas of RAB, and the various teams remain busy supporting a wide range of client projects. To help further growth we are now looking to recruit an Apprentice Civil Engineer. The role is in conjunction with the University of Wolverhampton, who will be the academic training provider.
Full details of the role, requirements, and application process can be found on the Gov Apprentice website: Civil Engineer Apprentice – Find an apprenticeship (findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk)
The apprenticeship is 5 years in duration and will lead to a degree level with hons qualification. The salary is £16,000pa. Some of the key areas of training and experience include:
- Visit and inspect sites proposed for development and/or at risk from flooding and conduct appropriate surveys and tests.
- Investigate and analyse flood risk from any source using existing data, hydrological and hydraulic theories, calculations and computational models
- Assess options and design flood alleviation and sustainable foul & surface water drainage solutions in accordance with industry and company guidance
- Write technical reports with appropriate conclusions and recommendations using plain English
- Produce guidance and procedures to support flood risk management projects and deliverables using plain English
- Produce drawings of proposed flood alleviation and sustainable foul & surface water drainage solutions using CAD software.
RAB is an expert resilience and flood risk consultancy committed to providing excellent customer service and greater resilience in the places where we work, live and play. More information at http://www.rabconsultants.co.uk/